January 15, 2012.
“Imagine for one second that your child started exhibiting some unusual behaviors and you or your doctors couldn’t get to the bottom of what was going on…” This is just what has happened in Le Roy, New York. Actually, it’s not exactly what happened because it’s not just one child. It’s TWELVE. Twelve girls, to be exact. That changes things. When ONE child develops tics or is diagnosed with the related neuropsychiatric disorder, Tourette’s Syndrome, it can be heartbreaking for both the child and the parents. When TWELVE girls of approximately the same age and attending the same high school develop uncontrollable tics within a short span of time, it’s different. It’s not only heartbreaking, it’s suspicious.
According to the video from WGRZ Channel 2 News , reporting from Le Roy, New York (Genessee County), results of a 3 1/2 month investigation have led health officials to rule out environmental factors, infections, communicable diseases, and illegal drugs. Possible factors cited by health officials as potential causes are genetics, head trauma, drugs for OCD and ADHD, and antihistimines; all of which are known to cause tics. The reporter goes on to say “Stress and anxiety make them worse.” Okay, I’ll buy that. If we are talking about isolated cases. But TWELVE girls in the same high school, all of whom suffered the onset of “uncontrollable tics” just after the start of the school year? It’s a little far fetched to say this is not related to something these girls all have in common; something that HAPPENED to them at roughly the same time. The latest reports circulating indicate the girls are now being treated for conversion disorder, which basically means there is nothing physically wrong with them and “it’s all in their heads.” Is it? As many parents of vaccine-injured children will tell you, this “determination” that there is “nothing physically wrong” is not only insulting, it stops progress and decreases the chances of the child receiving an accurate diagnosis and effective treatment.
Why DID the Le Roy Twelve develop strange uncontrollable tics in recent months? There has to be a common factor or factors. So why can’t the officials from the New York State Health Department and the CDC figure it out? Could it be that the true underlying cause of this mysterious outbreak is vaccines? If so, it would not be the first time for state health department officials and the CDC to deny or cover-up this fact.
According to the article from Channel 2 News, Gardasil has been ruled out. Actually, the article states: “ NYS Health Department spokesman Jeff Hammond also says vaccines such as Gardasil were investigated as a cause and ruled out.” Here we go again. Jeff Hammond works for the New York State Health Department. His salary is funded by the sale of vaccines. Think about it. What do health departments do? They admnister vaccines. They do other things, too, but vaccines comprise a significant percentage of the medical procedures performed by those who work in and for health departments. Officials who have a monetary interest in seeing that vaccines are widely used have no business investigating or deciding if cases like this are due to vaccine-injury. That’s a conflict of interest that certainly has the potential to influence Mr. Hammond’s determination. The fact that Mr. Hammond names Gardasil specifically makes me think this vaccine was at least suspected as a cause.
What do you think? I have a lot of friends who are talking about The Le Roy Twelve. The overwhelming consensus among many seems to be that the sudden onset of tics must be a Gardasil injury. It’s certainly possible, especially since the tics have only occurred in girls. Gardasil definitely has the potential to cause tic disorders and much worse (103 deaths reported to VAERS so far), so it’s the first thing we think about in this case.
If you are not familiar with Gardasil, and if you have a child approaching age 9 or above, you need to learn about this vaccine. Attempts are being made to make it mandatory for school attendance in several states. Here is the manufacturer’s insert for Gardasil. Merck Pharmaceuticals publishes this document; they’re required to by law. This is the document you need to read before giving consent for this vaccine. As you read through the data from the clinical trials you will notice that there are a lot of serious adverse reactions among the trial participants and the reactions that have the highest numbers occur in both the Experimental Group and The Control Group. In scientific experiments the Experimental Group is the group that gets the treatment (the drug, in this case) and the Control Group gets the placebo. The placebo is supposed to be something that is benign and will not cause any reactions. That way you don’t get invalid data.
You will also notice on page 4 of the Gardasil manufacturer’s insert that in 5 out of 7 clinical trials the Control Group (Placebo Group) was administered AAHS = Amorphous Aluminum Hydroxyphosphate Sulfate. This is the adjuvent that is used in Gardasil. An adjuvent is a substance that is added to the vaccine to produce an enhanced response from the immune system. That’s why it’s there. Because Aluminum causes alterations in the immune system, it is not a true placebo. The reason the severe reactions occur in both groups is because the substance in the vaccine that is causing so much harm is the adjuvent. Aluminum. THIS is WHY you will hear many of us who study vaccines and vaccine-safety say, “There are inadequate safety studies for Gardasil.” The studies that are cited in the Gardasil manufacturer’s insert were not safety studies. They could not have been, because there was no Control Group. The makers of Gardasil (Merck) tell you in this vaccine insert that the serious adverse reactions, including deaths, blood clots, loss of consiousness, GBS, seizures, arthritis, autoimmune disease, etc. were determined NOT to be due to the vaccine BECAUSE they occurred equally as frequently in BOTH GROUPS. That’s because the serious adverse events were caused by aluminum – which was given to BOTH GROUPS. Now pay attention here… It is entirely possible that those health department officials have “ruled out” Gardasil because adverse reactions to this vaccine have been “shown to be no more frequent in those who received the vaccine than in those who received the placebo in clinical trials.” This is standard double-talk from people who either do not know how to read the manufacturer’s insert; do not understand the basic tenets of research; or….. who DO know these things and are counting on the fact that you don’t and won’t question them.
I can’t get Jeff Hammond’s statement off my mind. He says, “vaccines such as Gardasil were investigated as a cause and ruled out.” Vaccines such as Gardasil? Does he mean vaccines that target HPV? Gardasil and Cervarix? What’s missing in Mr. Hammond’s statement is any indication that other vaccines – those that are not “such as Gardasil” have been investigated and ruled out. As noted above, we tend to think immediately of Gardasil as the culprit because all of The Le Roy Twelve are girls. We need to ask ourselves, “Are there any factors that might make girls, specifically adolescent girls, more susceptible to vaccine-injury than adolescent boys?” The answer is “Yes.”
What things might make girls more vulnerable to vaccine-injury?
- Weight: Girls generally weigh less than boys, especially when they get to high school age. The less a girl weighs, the more potential the damage may be from certain vaccine ingredients; namely aluminum and mercury.
- Oral contraceptives: Boys don’t take them. Girls do. High school girls may take oral contraceptives for different reasons. Some take them because they have been diagnosed with endometriosis or because they have painful or irregular menstrual periods. Some girls take oral contraceptives because they have acne. Oral contraceptives deplete certain vitamins, including B6, which is necessary for the methylation pathway to work properly. The methylation pathway has to do with how the body gets rid of toxins, including things like mercury and aluminum. If the methylation pathway is not working properly because of a B6 deficiency (or other essential nutrient), vaccine-injury is more likely.
- Diet: From my experience, both as a therapist and as a mother of two teenaged girls, I can say with some degree of certainty that girls are more likely than boys to adapt a vegetarian or vegan diet, especially when they are in high school. Meat, chicken, fish, eggs and dairy products are rich in B6 and B12. Eliminating these foods from the diet increases the risk of deficiencies of these nutrients, which are both essential to the proper functioning of the methylation pathway – which is essential for detoxifying.
It could just be my suspicious mind but it almost seems that the officials handling this case WANT us to jump to the conclusion that Gardasil is responsible for the epidemic of tic disorders among The Le Roy Twelve. It seems strange that they came out in the news stating that Gardasil has been eliminated as a cause. That leads me to believe they may be intentionally planting that seed with the public so they can later come out with the records (they have set the stage for the public to demand this) showing that not all girls got the Gardasil (or Cervarix) vaccine. If this happens it will lead the public to believe that all of our concerns about this being related to vaccines are unjustified. Gardasil is just one vaccine that causes tic disorders. It’s the aluminum in the vaccines that is the most likely suspect. With the push for Tdap boosters in high school kids, AND with the emphasis on no shots, no college, it’s entirely possible that these 12 girls may have gotten any combination of vaccines (single or multiple) and they are experiencing aluminum toxicity. The fact that the symptoms of The Le Roy Twelve developed shortly after the beginning of the school year certainly suggests the possibility that they may have received vaccines during the annual media push for back-to-school shots.
How Aluminum Affects Neurological Health:
– Reduces nervous sytem activity by blocking the action potential of nerve cells
– Inhibits enzymes in the brain
– Inhibits the uptake of Dopamine, Noradrenaline (Norepinephrine), and Serotonin (5-HTP) by nerve cells
When the “action potential” is blocked, neurons (nerve cells) do not “fire” correctly. This impacts their ability to transmit messages from one cell to another and between different areas of the brain. Enzymes are catalysts that make things happen. Again, if enzymes are inhibited, things don’t happen the way they’re supposed to. Dopamine, norepinephrine and serotonin (5-HTP) are neurotransmitters (brain chemicals) that move between one neuron and another, and are essential for things like attention, impulse control, mood regulation, sleep and wake cycles, hunger and satiety, control of voluntary and involuntary movement, and the fight-or-flight response. When the uptake of these neurotransmitters is inhibited, all kinds of things can (and do) go wrong. Each of the physiological effects listed above leads to ineffective processing of information in the brain; including sensory information such as auditory and visual input; hence, auditory processing disorder, visual processing disorder, and sensory integration dysfunction.
How Aluminum Affects Behavioral Health:
– Memory Loss
-Loss of Coordination
– Confusion and Disorientation
In the digestive system aluminum causes reduction of intestinal activity and colic (pain in the gut).
Symptoms of Aluminum Toxicity:
~Early Toxicity: Flatulence, headaches, colic, dryness of skin and mucous membranes, tendency for colds, burning pain in the head relieved by food, heartburn, aversion to meat
What vaccines contain aluminum? And what vaccines are given to high school students? How can we find out? Start by opening another tab on your browser so you can go back and forth between this post and the Vaccine Ingredients Calculator.
Click on the link above. Then Click where it says Use the VIC Now.
Step 1: Enter first name, weight, and age. (For the purpose of this example I used “Terry,” 120 pounds, and age 16.) Click “Select Vaccines” – up pops the CDC’s Recommended Vaccination Schedule for children age 7-18. In the section for ages 13-18 (high school age), the recommended vaccines for a child on “the catch-up schedule” are: Tetanus, Diphtheria and Pertussis (Tdap), Human Papilloma Virus (HPV), Meningococcal (MCV), Hepatitis B (HepB), Inactivated Polio Virus (IPV), Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR) and Varicella. Yearly Flu Vaccine is also recommended for 16 year-olds. (Pneumococcal and Hepatitis A vaccines are recommended for certain “high risk groups,” which usually do not include 16 year-old girls living in the U.S.)
Click on these vaccines: Dtap, HPV, MCV, HepB, IPV, MMR, and Varicella. (all the green ones and the yellow one). Then click “I’m Finished.”
Step 2: Vaccine Selection:
- Tdap: Select either of the first two choices. The others do not contain the pertussis component, so it’s highly unlikely that these girls would have gotten them. For the purpose of this example, Terry is going to get Boostrix.
- HPV: Terry is getting Gardasil. It’s a pretty safe bet that if any or all of The Leroy Twelve were vaccinated against HPV they got Gardasil rather than Cervarix, so click Gardasil.
- Meningococcal (MCV): Hover over each of the choices on this one… You will see that they are quite different in their ingredients, depending on if the vaccine is a single-dose vs. a multi-dose vial. My fictitious 16 year-old Terry is going to get her shots at the health department so she will be getting the MCV from a mult-dose vial. I’m going to click Menomume multi-dose.
- Seasonal/H1N1: Again, since Terry is getting her shots at the health department she will be getting the multi-dose version of Fluzone from Sanofi-Pasteur. Multi-dose vials of the flu vaccine are generally used by health departments. They are also used at “Flu Clinics” and places like Walmart and CVS where lots of people are vaccinated for a low cost (or for free) because multi-dose vials cut down on costs to the vaccinators.
- Hepatitis B: On this one it really doesn’t matter which you choose because they contain the same amount of aluminum and they each contain the same amount of yeast protein. Click either one. Terry is getting the Recombivax HB – from Merck.
- Polio: Click IPOL. This is the only one that is licensed for 16 year-olds. You might want to hover your mouse over the other options, though. Especially if you have younger children. Check out the aluminum in those vaccines!
- MMR II: Again, this is the only option. Click it.
Now, click the “CALCULATE” button. Click “OK” in the black box that pops up.
Step 3: Vaccine Ingredients Chart: This tells you how much of each ingredient (other than the actual virus or bacteria the vaccine is supposed to protect against) your child, or in this case, our hypothetical 16 year-old “Terry” will receive from this recommended schedule.
- Aluminum: 865 micrograms (mcg)
- Bovine Protein: Unknown amount. This is a protected trade secret. You’re not allowed to know how much cow DNA is being injected into your kids.
- Egg Protein: Unknown amount. Another trade secret.
- Formaldehyde (you know… like in embalming fluid): 200+ mcg
- Genetically Engineered Human Albumin: 300 mcg
- Human Protein from Fetal Cell Line WI-38: Unkown amount. You guessed it… trade secret. And yes, this comes from an aborted human fetus.
- Human Protein from Fetal Cell Line Wistar RA 27/: Ditto to above.
- Mercury: 50 mcg. (Note the small green bar on the right. That’s the EPA “safe” limit for mercury.)
- Phenoxyethanol: Just slightly less than 6 milligrams or 600 micrograms
- Polysorbate 80: 500 mcg.
- Yeast Protein: Unknown amount. Trade secret.
That’s a lot of stuff. I could talk for days (I’m sure by now you believe me) on the synergistic effects of toxins. However, for the purpose of this post, we’re going to stick to aluminum. For now, anyway. Our hypothetical 16 year-old would have received 865 micrograms of aluminum PLUS 50 micrograms of thimerosal if she had received all of these recommended vaccines according to “The Schedule.”
Okay, skeptics. I know what’s coming…. “Most high school students don’t get all those vaccines. If some of The Le Roy Twelve got some of them and not all, and if others got all of them, then they don’t have the same underlying factors.” This may sound like a confusing and petty argument to you, but I assure you, this is the kind of argument that is often put forth as evidence that vaccines are not responsible when a child has a severe reaction – or dies.
So let’s see what would happen if The Le Roy Twelve or some of them, got fewer vaccines. This time Terry is only going to get the ones that are being pushed the most: Tdap, MCV, HepB, HPV, and Seasonal/H1N1 Flu.
Guess what? Terry still gets almost 900 micrograms of aluminum and 50 mcg of mercury.
What if Terry did NOT go to the health department, but was vaccinated in her physician’s office? Then she would be less likely to get mercury from the MCV and Flu shots, right? Right. So lets calculate that. No mercury, but Terry still gets almost 900 micrograms of aluminum, and she gets it all in one day.
This begs the question…. How much aluminum can be safely injected into our children through their vaccinations? The answer is, “We have no idea.” There have been no safety studies indicating that it’s okay to inject high doses of aluminum directly in to the bodies of our children. This is one of the factors that is used by those who promote vaccines. They will often say, “There is no scientific evidence that aluminum in vaccines is harmful.” They’re right. There’s no scientific evidence regarding aluminum in vaccines at all. The research has not been done.
Let’s throw in another possible factor: As noted previously, if The LeRoy Twelve got their recommended flu shots and meningococcal vaccines, and if they got them from multi-dose vials, they got 50 micrograms of thimerosal (50% mercury) in addition to the whopping amounts of aluminum discusssed above. The effects of mercury and aluminum together are many times more damaging than either of these neurotoxins alone. See this article for some good information on the synergistic effects of mercury and aluminum. Watch this important video from the University of Calgary School of Medicine to see what mercury does to neurons in the brain. Remember that neurotransmitters (dopamine, noradrenaline and serotonin) are damaged by exposure to aluminum. Remember that neurotransmitters are dependent on the synapse (the place where two neurons meet and exchange chemical messengers) in order to work properly. The video you just watched shows the destruction of the synapse.
Tourette’s Syndrome is the DSM-IV diagnosis that carries psychomotor tics as it’s hallmark presentation. Tics are caused by the disruption of the balance or the inability of the brain to effectively utilize neurotransmitters. Exposure to aluminum and mercury – alone, and especially in combination with each other, destroys the mechanisms that are required for the balance and usage of neurotransmitters. This is not rocket science. It is brain science. That’s why people who work for state agencies that are dependent on the sale of vaccines should not be the ones determining whether or not vaccine-injuries really are due to “vaccines such as Gardasil.”
For further information about the role of neurotransmitters in tic disorders and Tourette’s Syndrome, please go to pubmed and type in “tics and neurotransmitters” – I just got 505 articles.
For a good review of Aluminum Toxicity, please check out this article.
If you are reading this article and you happen to live in or near Le Roy, New York: Please try and get a copy of this information to the parents of the girls who have been injured. The sooner their injuries are accurately identified, the better the prognosis is for complete recovery. The longer it takes, the worse the outcome may be.
Please read this follow-up article, written January 18, 2012: The Le Roy Twelve: Gardasil? Mass Hysteria? PANDAS? Aluminum Toxicity? – A Discussion on Environmental Factors, Mitochondrial Damage, and Vaccine-Injury